Your Gift Matters…
Support Your Library
The DC Public Library Foundation partners with the DC Public Library to provide a margin of excellence to our city’s public libraries, bringing private philanthropy together with government support to ensure that our libraries deliver the highest quality of service to the District’s residents. With the help of many generous people, the Foundation provides educational programs for children and youth, workforce development training, cultural events, and collection enhancements for DC’s libraries.
Consider making a donation to help us create a capital library for our nation’s capital:
- $300 will provide a cozy upholstered chair for a children’s room
- $500 will provide take-home books for over 300 preschoolers
- $2,000 will restore an historic document
- $5,000 will provide a month of computer skills training for job seekers
- Larger gifts can create a new Children’s Room, Literacy Center, or Reading Lounge.
Please feel free to contact us with your donation questions via email at email@example.com, or by phone at (202) 727-4943.
Unfortunately, we are unable to accept donations of books. Please contact your local Friends group if you are interested in donating books. For a list of Friends groups, click here.