Programs We Support
With support from individual, corporate and foundation donors, the DC Public Library Foundation:
- Contributes books and other materials to the Library;
- Provides learning opportunities for children, teens and adults, such as:
- Sing, Talk and Read (STAR), which helps children from newborn to age 5 get ready to learn to read;
- Computer classes and Drop-In Job Clinics, which offer assistance in searching and applying for jobs and help patrons gain basic computer skills; and
- Summer Reading program, which motivates children and teens to read during summer vacation
- The signature District of Change conversation series co-produced by Hanna Rosin and David Plotz
- Increases access to media and technology;
- Supports cultural events in and outside the Library;
- Enhances Library service capacity; and
- Provides funds for facility improvements.
For more information about the Foundation’s priorities and the programs we support at the Library, please read our 2014 Impact Report.