UNCENSORED: Banned Books Week
Each September, the DC Public Library Foundation celebrates Banned Books Week with a private fundraising event, UNCENSORED: The Cocktail Party. The Great Hall of the Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Library transforms into a bar, lounge, concert venue, and market to celebrate the freedom to read, create and express.
Uncensored: The Cocktail Party 2016 featured:
- Banned-book-inspired cocktails created and served by bartenders from local bars such as 2 Birds 1 Stone, Columbia Room, Petworth Citizen, Zaytinya, Southern Efficiency and more;
- Music from The Feedel Band, DJ Ayes Cold and Chain and The Gang;
- A pop-up market with DC Public Library Fab Lab and local retailers;
- Artwork by Adrienne Gaither;
- Decor by Kim Burke and Katie Parker, the creative minds behind the “Miracle on Seventh Street” Pop-up;
- Live screen printing by Soul & Ink;
- Food from Mess Hall DC and beer from DC Brau.
Thank you to our 2016 Event Chairs and Sponsors!
Jenn Barger, Holly Bass, Derek Brown, Anna Fuhrman, Re: Create, Svetlana Legetic, Morgan H. West and Zipcar.